GDM / PAM Login problems.

Before I post to bugzilla, I was wondering if anyone could advise on this
particular problem.

I have a custom pam module to handle authentication on my system. I can
login via console,ssh,etc but I can not login via gdm.

I've turned on debugging in gdm and can not find anything useful. The only
difference I can see is the addition of pam_env.so between 8.0 and 9
(everything worked fine in 8.0).

Any ideas? the authentication is a 1 time password, but, the password is
not even being expired from the auth server so the authentication request
is not even happening.

very weird.

tom