strange boot behavior

Hello,

This is a behavior I noticed began with the final beta that was out.  I'm
on a dual-boot machine with Windows 2000 (FAT32).  About 90% of the time,
if I hit <Enter> when the Grub screen comes up to immediately begin
booting Windows 2000, it doesn't work.  The Grub screen goes away and the
screen goes black.  No disk activity, nothing.  I end up having to hit the
reset button.  However, if I set Windows 2000 to be the default boot OS,
then let the timer expire for it to boot automatically, it will boot up
just fine.  Has anyone else noticed this behavior?  I've had this same
setup for quite a long time, but it's only been the last beta and then RHL
9 where I've experienced this.

TIA,
Brian

bts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx