Re: Optical mouse bounces around screen

On Thursday 03 April 2003 14:02, MaC wrote:
> To be honest when I first saw the mail about the colour of the mouse
> mat, I laughed my head off, then figured it was worth ago, as the one
> I'm using is a black dell mat, so I'm now using my nice false pine desk
> as the mouse pad and voila, so far its working perfectly.
>
> I must apologise for laughing at first, as it did seem rather a silly
> and mad suggestion, but it worked, and all I can say is *Thank you* very
> much, this has been driving me mad for about 5 months, the mat would of
> been the last thing I figured.
>
> They should put a heath warning on the box's about dark mouse mats, as I
> had two optical mouses (mice's or whatever), now I only have one thanks
> to mr scissors :)

I had to recently help somebody who's mouse wouldn't work at home, and after a
few weeks of various things, I found out (through idle chatter) that he was
trying to use the optical mouse on a glass coffee table....  gave him a
mousepad, everything worked fine.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
http://geek.j2solutions.net