Re: one more question about HD install

On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 07:14, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   out of curiosity, i renamed them fred.iso, barney.iso, etc.
> HD install still worked -- anaconda apparently had the smarts
> to figure out which was CD 1, which was 2 and so on.
>
>   can anyone (jeremy k, perhaps?) clarify what the rules
> are for the names for the ISO images?  i don't have
> the RH 9 docs in front of me, but the section in the RH 8.0
> docs say nothing about what to call those image files.

The only constraint is that you can only have the isos from one release
per directory (ie, don't mix Red Hat Linux 8.0 and 9 isos in the same
directory).  We walk the directory listing and look to see if each file
looks like an ISO.  If it does, we look at the disc stamp (/.discinfo)
to figure out which disc number it is.

And thus, you can have them named Tom, Dick, and Harry for all that
anaconda cares :)

Cheers,

Jeremy