Re: reiserfs option at install time??

On Wed, 2003-04-02 at 10:41, J Sloan wrote:
> > Note
> > that _upgrading_ a reiserfs root partition is not possible at this time
> > - I am hacking away at this  in my spare time.  RedHat has stated that
> > they do not support ReiserFS because there are cases in which the file
> > system can become corrupted.
>

> You have to wonder, how have SuSE
> been able to pull it off all these years...

Suse may have "pulled it off", but with the occassional data corruption
here and there. Remember SuSE sponsors the core ReiserFS development,
and regardless of distribution versions up until 3.5.24 had major
corruption issues. 3.5.24 brought a lot of needed fixes, there have
still been occassional incidents here and there.

I'm not saying there hasn't been any with ext2, ext3, etc. but the
number of them compared to Reiser is probably far less giving the
maturity of the ext2/3 code bases.

Just my 2 cents,
--
Shawn <drevil@xxxxxxxxxxxx>