Re: Reinstall system option?

Hi,

> I'm curious as to how this option is really supposed to work.  Once I
> specify this, it seems to want to go back into Disk Druid again to
> repartition the system.  I would have hoped that it would have
listened
> to me - reinstall system - and use the existing partitions.  Not
only do
> I have to select each partition, but even though they have labels
> already (which makes it easier), it wants the mount points again.
The
> default is also to leave the partitions unchanged which is not what I
> expect from a reinstall.  This would make more sense for an upgrade
than
> it would for a reinstall.

Actually it is acting like a re-install. An upgrade should use
existing mount points/partitions as all an upgrade should do would be
to upgrade the packages on the system. A re-install would be the same
as a fresh install, where all questions should be asked again. Kind of
like in windows where it asks if you want to continue to install a
clean install or repair the existing installation. If you choose clean
you get all the partitioning over again. That is the way I see a re-
install anyway, but then I could be off my rocker ;)

Regards,

Eric Burke