Reinstall system option?

I'm curious as to how this option is really supposed to work.  Once I
specify this, it seems to want to go back into Disk Druid again to
repartition the system.  I would have hoped that it would have listened
to me - reinstall system - and use the existing partitions.  Not only do
I have to select each partition, but even though they have labels
already (which makes it easier), it wants the mount points again.  The
default is also to leave the partitions unchanged which is not what I
expect from a reinstall.  This would make more sense for an upgrade than
it would for a reinstall.

What am I missing here?  Am I assuming that re-install should do a lot
more than it does?

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts@xxxxxxxxxx