Shrike Install problems

Does anybody know what change to make to the XF86Config file
to stop it from hanging on GL apps?

-----------------Other Gripes--------------------------------------------------
My /etc/sysconfig/hwconf is listed below.
Can anyone help me understand why the DEC21140 eth0 and
the emu10k sound card are never automatically set up under RedHat Linux?
This machine works just fine under Gentoo and Mandrake.

During the RedHat install the NIC wasn't detected, but yet when the
"firstboot" screen came up it tried to ask me about "ntp" and
about "rhn-register", of course neither of which would work without
the NIC being there?  You would think that "firstboot" would be smart
enough to detect that?

modules.conf was not set up properly after the post-install rebooting
either, even though the hwconf seems OK, (except for the "disabled" thing?)

"redhat-config-soundcard" didn't work,
and "neat" didn't work either.

I had to do the following:
   hand edit my /etc/modules.conf and change the
   line "alias sound-slot-0 disabled"
   to "alias sound-slot-0 emu10k1"

   and also manually change the /etc/modules.conf
   to add the line "alias eth0 tulip"

Then after making those two changes the config tools worked fine.

Also, the X configuration seems to choke on any "GL" screensaver,
it hangs the machines local console. I didn't have any other machine
available from which to try an SSH, but I assume that the video card
was hung anyway, so it wouldn't have mattered much anyway. Since the X configuration seemed to be working in other respects,
it is just whenever a GL app tries to load that I have problems.

Does anybody know what change to make to the XF86Config file
to stop it from hanging on GL apps?

-
class: OTHER
bus: PCI
detached: 0
driver: unknown
desc: "ALi Corporation|M1647 Northbridge [MAGiK 1 / MobileMAGiK 1]"
vendorId: 10b9
deviceId: 1647
subVendorId: 0000
subDeviceId: 0000
pciType: 1
-
class: OTHER
bus: PCI
detached: 0
driver: unknown
desc: "ALi Corporation|PCI to AGP Controller"
vendorId: 10b9
deviceId: 5247
subVendorId: 0000
subDeviceId: 0000
pciType: 1
-
class: OTHER
bus: PCI
detached: 0
driver: unknown
desc: "ALi Corporation|M5229 IDE"
vendorId: 10b9
deviceId: 5229
subVendorId: 1043
subDeviceId: 8053
pciType: 1
-
class: OTHER
bus: PCI
detached: 0
driver: unknown
desc: "ALi Corporation|M1533 PCI to ISA Bridge [Aladdin IV]"
vendorId: 10b9
deviceId: 1533
subVendorId: 10b9
subDeviceId: 1533
pciType: 1
-
class: OTHER
bus: PCI
detached: 0
driver: disabled
desc: "Creative Labs|SB Live! MIDI/Game Port"
vendorId: 1102
deviceId: 7002
subVendorId: 1102
subDeviceId: 0020
pciType: 1
-
class: OTHER
bus: PCI
detached: 0
driver: unknown
desc: "ALi Corporation|M7101 PMU"
vendorId: 10b9
deviceId: 7101
subVendorId: 0000
subDeviceId: 0000
pciType: 1
-
class: OTHER
bus: USB
detached: 0
driver: unknown
desc: "THRUSTMASTER FireStorm Dual Analog 2"
usbclass: 3
usbsubclass: 0
usbprotocol: 0
usbbus: 1
usblevel: 2
usbport: 2
vendorId: 044f
deviceId: b303
usbmfr: THRUSTMASTER
usbprod: FireStorm Dual Analog 2
-
class: OTHER
bus: USB
detached: 0
driver: unknown
desc: "Texas Instruments TUSB2046 Hub"
usbclass: 9
usbsubclass: 0
usbprotocol: 0
usbbus: 1
usblevel: 1
usbport: 1
vendorId: 0451
deviceId: 2046
-
class: OTHER
bus: USB
detached: 0
driver: unknown
desc: "USB OHCI Root Hub"
usbclass: 9
usbsubclass: 0
usbprotocol: 0
usbbus: 1
usblevel: 0
usbport: 0
vendorId: 0000
deviceId: 0000
usbprod: USB OHCI Root Hub
-
class: OTHER
bus: USB
detached: 0
driver: unknown
desc: "USB OHCI Root Hub"
usbclass: 9
usbsubclass: 0
usbprotocol: 0
usbbus: 2
usblevel: 0
usbport: 0
vendorId: 0000
deviceId: 0000
usbprod: USB OHCI Root Hub
-
class: NETWORK
bus: PCI
detached: 0
device: eth
driver: disabled
desc: "DEC|DECchip 21140 [FasterNet]"
vendorId: 1011
deviceId: 0009
subVendorId: 1385
subDeviceId: 1100
pciType: 1
-
class: MOUSE
bus: USB
detached: 0
device: input/mice
driver: mousedev
desc: "Microsoft Corp. Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer"
usbclass: 3
usbsubclass: 1
usbprotocol: 2
usbbus: 1
usblevel: 2
usbport: 0
vendorId: 045e
deviceId: 0059
usbmfr: Microsoft
usbprod: Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer® 1.0A
-
class: MOUSE
bus: PSAUX
detached: 0
device: psaux
driver: msintellips/2
desc: "Generic PS/2 Wheel Mouse"
-
class: AUDIO
bus: PCI
detached: 0
driver: disabled
desc: "Creative Labs|SB Live! EMU10k1"
vendorId: 1102
deviceId: 0002
subVendorId: 1102
subDeviceId: 8023
pciType: 1
-
class: CDROM
bus: IDE
detached: 0
device: hdc
driver: ignore
desc: "TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-M1502"
-
class: VIDEO
bus: PCI
detached: 0
driver: Card:ATI Radeon 7200
desc: "ATI|Radeon R100 QD [Radeon 64 DDR]"
vendorId: 1002
deviceId: 5144
subVendorId: 1002
subDeviceId: 0008
pciType: 1
-
class: FLOPPY
bus: MISC
detached: 0
device: fd0
driver: unknown
desc: "3.5" 1.44MB floppy drive"
-
class: HD
bus: IDE
detached: 0
device: hda
driver: ignore
desc: "WDC WD400BB-00AUA1"
physical: 77545/16/63
logical: 4865/255/63
-
class: USB
bus: PCI
detached: 0
driver: usb-ohci
desc: "ALi Corporation|USB 1.1 Controller"
vendorId: 10b9
deviceId: 5237
subVendorId: 10b9
subDeviceId: 5237