Re: RedHat /Enterprise/? I don't think so.

Ben Russo said:
[snip]

> Yesterday was a nightmare, two security patches released and I am
> scrambling
> to get up2date to successfully work, it would error out all the time.  I
> had scheduled outage windows during which I was supposed to replace the
> kernel or glibc lib's and reboot specific servers and  they were late,
> had my
> customers pissed off.
>
> It's one thing when it is "Free" and it is different when it is labelled
>  "Enterprise, Advanced Server"
> and you pay $800/year for it.  I'm not a happy customer.
>
> -Ben.

[shrug]
I went home from work last night and updated my personal machines with
up2date just fine.

Of course you need to take part of the blame for not planing ahead when
you *knew* there was going to be high traffic.  You could have downloaded
the kernel and glibc at any time before the 31st.
--
William Hooper