Re: Request for recommended Utilization Monitoring Tool

On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 07:28, Martinez, Michael wrote:
[snip]
> What I'm looking for is a recommended "Utilization Monitoring Tool" that
> keeps a local record of cpu load, load average, number of processes,
> network usage, memory usage (plus other performance characteristics if
> available) and produces historic graphs of this data.

maintainer).  It can do great things with graphs if you want to spend a
little time on them.  It also stores data in round-robin data bases that
don't grow with age.

However, if you don't feel like putting in the effort required to get
started, _Many_ people have used it already as a system/net monitor, and
there are various scripts available, which you could monitor to get
absolutely any information you wanted...

HTH,
--
Iain Buchanan <iain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The package said "requires Microsoft Windows 95 or better" - I don't
understand why it doesn't work on my pocket calculator!