Re: poweroff uncomplete with SMP

>>>>> "Xavier" == Xavier BLANADET <xavier.blanadet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Xavier> Hi, Sorry for repeating the post, but I had no answer.

Xavier> I'm using a 2.4-18smp kernel (two P4 at 2.4GHz on a X5DA8
Xavier> Supermicro Motherboard) and I cannot complete the power off. It
Xavier> stands by on the message "Power down." and nothing more.

Xavier> After reading some posts about this, I've added "apm=power-off" to
Xavier> kernel command line, but it did nothing more.

My understanding is that the code implementing APM is not SMP-safe.  When
the kernel determines that it's running on an SMP box, it disables APM.
It's been a while, but I recall seeing a message about this being displayed
as the system is booted; you should be able to use dmesg to see it...

                                Ed
--
Ed Bailey        Red Hat, Inc.          http://www.redhat.com/