re: Installing RH 8.0 on a Dell Inspiron 2500 laptop-Solved!

Dear all

The problem 2 (eth0 failed) has now been solved by spending considerable time
tweaking System Tools/Network Device Control settings. The main trick seemed
to be to opt for a "static set IP addresses" in place of "automatic obtain IP
address".

The audio player xmms did not work; I had to track down a patch at
gurulabs.com, but this fixed the problem right away.

So now this laptop is very good shape.

Thanks for the help

Greg