Re: reinstall nio 6 report

Just like to mention I'm out of these threads of yours. It is beyond
my time to wade through 12.2 + 8.0 KiB of incomprehensible writings
and apply a lot of guess-work.

It's not a matter of jargon or vocabulary. Instead of concentrating
on important details you insert so much irrelevant crap into your
messages, it would be too tiresome to collect and assemble the few
pieces that might make sense. You seem unable to ask clear questions
about specific problems. You don't describe your problems in
understandable form either.

I claim that even for an expert in Red Hat Linux your writings don't
make clear how exactly you customized the installation and what the
state of your installed system is right now.

You should spend some time reading the fine manuals from Red Hat.
You have them either in printed form, or on the documentation CD, or
online:

  http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-8.0-Manual/

They answer questions like these two:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-8.0-Manual/install-guide/s1-firewallconfig.html

> - username, full name, What does that mean? Me, the dir, a command,
> disc ? What does "full name" Mean?
> in standard English? Usually mine, but that ain't it.

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-8.0-Manual/install-guide/s1-accountconfig.html

Also spend some time on the mailing-lists observing how other
subscribers describe and solve their problems. If you're unable to
adapt a language and writing style that is easy to understand, you
need commercial support where someone gets payed for spending time
reading your texts, trying to make sense of it all.

Some problems (though I must admit I've seen much more expressive
descriptions) look vaguely familiar, e.g. this one (it should
be covered in the list archives):

> - 1 green splash about 5 x 7 Inch, two blue small ones with LEFT
> RGIRGGS and Right side  GGNHGG, very
> informative, so just clicked in the hope,

But you don't give the impression that you're willing to answer
questions about your current Linux configuration and/or error
messages in log files. Instead, I think, you would return three
pages of unrelated text.

Finally, for someone who writes "Now mandrake is MUCH better" in
every message at least once, my motivation in helping turns close to
zero. I'd say, use the Linux distribution that works for you. Come
back when you think you're ready and when you're willing to deal
with occasional problems. I would recommend a newbie to try the
latest, Red Hat Linux 9.

- --