Re: lucent agere modem (was Re: newbie)

Viestissä Perjantai 27. Kesäkuuta 2003 16:24, afme@xxxxxxxxxx kirjoitti:
> The only way I'll get the modem fixed, it
> can be done - is when the manufacturers of the modem board, Pragmatic,
> which is not Agere who manufacture the chip only, release a driver.

The board manufacturer is irrelevant. It makes absolutely no difference to the
driver which company has put their sticker on the board and printed their
name on the retail box. All that matters is the actual hardware doing the
work, i.e. the chipset on the board. All Linux drivers are for _chips_, not
brand names.

--
	Markku Kolkka
	markku.kolkka@xxxxxxxxxxxx