RE: Display and hard lock problems

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003, Hattie Rouge wrote:

> If your screensaver really died but you were still not back to normal,
> that implies the screensaver was not the problem.  Or at least not the
> only problem.
>
> I've had screen savers hang a machine but in all cases, if it can be
> killed, everything clears up.

I suspect you are correct. This is a hard lock of the keyboard and video
display. Upon reboot the display does not come back until the bios resets it
at reboot time.

Since it is just a screensaver I can turn it off but with the 2.4.18 series
of kernels the machine was running since last Dec until a couple of weeks ago.

--
......Tom		Registered Linux User #14522	http://counter.li.org
tdiehl@xxxxxxxxxxxx	My current SpamTrap ------->	mtd123@xxxxxxxxxxxx