Re: Linksys KVM switch

Hi,

I've got a Belkin 2 port switch and I've been having some trouble with
it.

Here's my symptom...when I switch from RH8.0 desktop to other
computer....fine....when I switch back from other computer to
RH8.0....the mouse goes CRAZY.....it really likes to activate the start
menu and press many buttons....

As a result of this, I've had to rebuild all of my gnome desktop files
about 3 times now...it destroys the desktop for me....

The only solution that I've found, is to first "logout" from my desktop
and put RH at the login/splash screen....that way, the crazy mouse will
not damage anything.

When returning from the other computer and mouse still crazy, I hit Ctrl
+ Alt + Backspace to refresh the "login" screen.  Only then will I be
able to work without "crazy mouse"...

Seems strange, but that's exactly what I've got going on.....My advice
is to check your KVM witth your system first....return to vendor at the
first sign of trouble....

DD

--
Dan Devine <dannyboy259@xxxxxxxxx>