hosts or named problem

I am not sure how to put this, but this is a first try,  I am running a
gateway program named NoCatAuth for my wireless network on a Compaq Proliant
DL 320.  This server has 2 embedded NIC cards.  I must have been staring at
it too long and it has all stopped making sense to me at this point.

Within this app I need to refer to the server it is running on, it needs to
be able to reference it from either interface.

I know I cannot have 2 ip's with the same name in the hosts file, can I?