Re: Nasty little network problem

Harry Putnam <reader@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> That is a good point and good idea I think.  I found at least three
> mistakes there on the 4 machines.  However, it seems not to matter.
> Even with those errors (2 had mismatched broadcast addresses and 1 had a
> mismatched network address) M1 M3 M4/5 could communicate freely.
>
> Apparently the entries are not really used.

I've gone a step further and removed broadcaset and network from all
ifcf-eth* on all 4 machines.  Restarted all four networks, restarted
the iptables masquerading on M5.  Nothing has changed.
M2 still doesn't work on HUB1, but does on HUB2 and all can
communicate freely with each other and the internet.