Re: SMTP Authentication on Sendmail

> --__--__--
>
> I posted this question last week and got one answer, but it's quite what I'm
> looking for. I was directed to #s 5 and 9 on this:
> http://www.oclug.org/hints.html#mail
>
> I tried this but it is only for IMAP connections.  I'd like some sort of POP
> authentication but can't seem to find anything on the web about how to set
> this up.  I have users with laptops that they travel with constantly (to
> multiple networks in a day) and changing mail servers every time they switch
> offices is getting ridiculous.  If it's possible in sendmail is there an
> SMTP AUTH set up like in postfix?  The postfix one to set up on RH8 is a
> major pain because of the mixture of sasl1 and sasl2 libs required.  If
> anyone has some thoughts or can send me in the direction of a web site, I'd
> be most appreciative.

This is from my configuration using POP3 and Sendmail.  It will require
you to setup SMTP authentication in their mail clients, but it's a lot
better than the POP before SMTP hacks that I was able to find out on
the net.

TRUST_AUTH_MECH(`LOGIN PLAIN')
define(`confAUTH_MECHANISMS', `LOGIN PLAIN')

I don't remember where I found this at, but I do remember it took me
about a week worth of web searching to find it.