using up2date for source as well as binaries

I want to have complete source and binary packages on one of my
machines.  What is the easiest way to do this?  I assumed that adding
the --src flag to up2date would do this but I don't see that it has.

Perhaps I am missing something here.  I figured that a
*86.src.rpm file was the source code for a matching rpm file and when
installed would leave source code files in /usr/src/redhat.  It doesn't
seem to work that way.

Should I be looking at checking out a source tree via CVS?

Hattie Rouge