On Moving From RH8.0 to RH9

Probably a stupid question, but I have to ask...

Currently, I have RH 8.0 on my laptop, an IBM ThinkPad
T23 (I've had RH 8.0 on since early October). It's
been great, but I simply cannot resist the temptation
of trying something new. :) I want to install RH 9,
but I refuse to do upgrades on an existing system, so
I want to do a clean install. However, I would like to
keep my data. My partitions are set up like this:

hda1: /boot, 100MB
hda2: /, about 9.9GB
hda3: /home, about 30GB

(There is no swap. I have 1GB of RAM, and regardless
of whether it was a good idea or not to not include
swap, that was what I did. I could always set up a
swap file, I guess...)

Like any good Linux user, I have the root account only
for administrative purposes, and a separate user
account for my data (call it user). The home directory
is, of course, /home/user. The question is this: if I
do a clean install of RH 9, reformatting the /boot and
/ partition, and created the same account user, will I
still be able to access my data in /home/user?

Thanks,
BP

=====
Blaise Pascal