Re: (no subject)

At 14:56 4/23/2003 -0700, you wrote:
On Wednesday 23 April 2003 14:47, Nathan Atkinson wrote:
> Hi. I installed Redhat 8, but it was the iso version.  I would like to to
> network my 2 computers but do not have the source code to recompile the
> kernel. What do I do?

You do not need to recompile anything in order to network two computers; everything you need is already included. Go check out the HOWTO documents at www.tldp.org (the name comes from The Linux Documentation Project).

By the way, there is no difference in the core Red Hat Linux software between the ISO images you download and the box you buy; the only difference is that the box includes printed manuals, a limited period of technical support, and some additional software.

If you did want the kernel source, you would need to install the kernel-source package (not the kernel-xx.x.x.x.src.rpm).

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx