Re: OT: Why I use an MTA at home

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Doug B wrote:

> dozen emails from this list.  Most from  Ed.Greshko at greshko.com but
> some others as well. I even found some from my 70+ year old mother!
> She wouldn't know an MTA if it sat down beside her.  She has one
> account and sends everything through her ISP.  I turned that censorship
> program off!

Now that is *truly* amazing!  My email was sent to a distribution list.
The distribution list is sent to your ISP via Red Hat.  Not from my
server.  So, Red Hat accepts it but your ISP checks the DNS again and
decides what is "right".  Bad SW....  Bad SW....  I suppose it is a good
thing UUCP isn't used much any more.

I remember a time, and my age is showing, where it was necessary to have
an email address like egreshko!cosmo!mailsrv@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Ed....no wonder I don't get email from my mom anymore....

--
http://webcams.greshko.com/  Do you know this man, Peter Boeni?
http://www.shorewall.net/  for all your firewall needs