Re: RHN finaly available again.

At 09:24 AM 4/11/2003 -0600, you wrote:
After have tried for over a week to get updates, I got sick and tired of the ;
Error 51 ... Message.

So for about two days, every 30 seconds the script attempted to do a full
unattended update.

Oh, look, Ma... more load! Thanks, Guy. (And yes, I understand that you were only making requests... but wouldn't every 5 minutes or even 15 minutes have served your purposes just as well?)

[...] I was getting the feeling that it was
intentionaly down in order to procure subscriptions.

Honest recommendation: never do business with anyone you don't trust. If you really believe this, switch distros.

Personally, I believe that a large part of the future of a (successful) penetration of Linux into the market depends on someone achieving a great deal of _commercial_ success and I strongly support Red Hat's attempts to do so. Of course they are not perfect, but I think they are pretty darn good.

Use whatever you're happy with, but this post feels too much like a troll despite what I know to be your level of expertise.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx