Re: network interfaces moving...

I had a similar problem, but it messed with my sound card and modem
(couldnt get both working right at the same time)

After some messing, I came to the conclussion that something on RedHats
initrd was overwriting de modules.conf file, so I had my own kernel
compiled, and not using any initrd (built by me or otherwise).

I lost the ability to turn the computer off by software, though, and
havent find where it is yet.