Re: Repost: error--/lib/libc.so.6: undefined reference to '__libc_stack_end@GLIBC_2.1'

At 05:04 PM 4/2/2003 -0500, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, John Ketchum wrote:

When you installed 3.1, did you change any configuration stuff so that the
appropriate libraries would be linked?  When I had two versions of the
compiler, I needed a $LD_LIBRARY_PATH definition when using the local one
but not when I used the system one.

Perhaps I am missing a required library, or it is in a non-standard location, but I don't know what library to look for. In this case, though, it is the system compiler (gcc3.2) that is having problems. If I could find the library that defines the symbol
'__libc_stack_end@xxxxxxxxx' , perhaps that would lead me to the solution.

> I would like to have a clean install of gcc 3.2 and glibc 2.3.2, but I
> don't want to resort to the extreme solution of reformatting and
> reinstalling 8.0

You can force a reinstall of glibc and gcc with "rpm -Uvh --force
<rpm-file>".  That's about as clean as it gets without a reinstall.  But
if you made changes to non-RPM config files, that still won't fix the
problem.

I reinstalled both gcc 3.2 and glibc 2.3.2 using the --force option, but this didn't fix the problems

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.math.clemson.edu/~mjs

John Ketchum Qualcomm Inc. 9 Damonmill Square Suite 2A Concord, MA 01742