Re: RH hangs on large filetransfers Was[ Linux vs Windows]

On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 16:06, Tomas Larsson wrote:
> Thing is that I've changed network cards cables etc. still the same problem.
> There is nothing in the logs. The RH box just goes into coma without any
> warning.
> It was a 400 MB website, about 1100 files and 60 directories, that I tried
> to copy to the RH box, through samba.

I often copy large VMWare disk images (1.4GB and better) around on a
Windows Domain using either smbclient or smbmount.  Have you tried
copying any large files from a different source onto your computer?

--
Philip A. Chapman

Application Development:
Java, Visual Basic (MCP), VB for Applications, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL
Linux, Windows 9x, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP