Re: SV: Linux vs Windows

On Wed, 2003-03-26 at 16:43, Tomas Larsson wrote:

> But what is "topical"
> Surely a discussion of pros and cons between MS 2K/XP and RH8/Linux is
> topical.
> Or maybe the topic should be RH8 vs Win XP/2K.

	The list here is actually the RH 8 User Support list but it's
unmoderated so, while something may be off topic, it's not likely to
matter anyway.

> Using both RH8 an XP AND very happy with both, and yes XP is extremely
> stable reboots only when someone manages to pull the plug.

	I have found Win2K to be the best version of MS-Windows available.
It's almost a real OS and does make for a usable workstation/desktop for
a company.  It's still got the same problem that all MS software has...
It really should never be connected to a network with access to the
world.  But I have been able to use it quite nicely for the things I
need to do with it.  All in all, I like Win2K.

--
Farewell neighbor.  Thank you for giving us a safe place for so many
years.