Re: compaq proliant 2500 & 5000

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 10:02:09AM -0500, William Burgos wrote:
> I just tried to installed psyche in a compaq proliant 2500 with two
> PII-200mhz processors.  The weard thing is that the disc boots and then
> tells me that I don't have sufficient memory (I have 128mb), I reboot the
> machine, take the cd out and on the POST it says error 212-Processor 2
> failed.  I have to boot with the compaq utility disk to fix the error.
>
> Somebody has any news about this error?

Just fought this one this weekend for a friend.  I posted a rough
draft of what worked at the following location:

http://www.tadlocks.net/linux/rh8-pl5000.html

I had the same issue with the processor failure after the install
would fail.  Had to reset it by using the System Partition.  Not
real sure what caused that issue.

Hope this helps.

/jft