Re: Problems with formating during install.

On Sun, 2003-03-23 at 14:16, Daniel Vickers wrote:
> Thank you I did try that but still didn't work.
>
> linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > Daniel Vickers wrote:
> >
> >> Hello. I am trying to install 8.0... I did a medea check and all
> >> discs came back good. But after answering all the questions and
> >> starting  the actual install, the formating of the drive freezes at
> >> about 11 - 12 %. I let it sit over night and it was at the same place
> >> in the morning. I have tried different install methods and still get
> >> the same thing. Any ideas?
> >

> > This might not be your problem but check your memory, i once had this
> > with bad memory. Look in the terminals during install if you get any
> > bad pmd module errors.
> >

> --
> Experience the convenience of buying online with Shop@xxxxxxxx!
> http://shopnow.netscape.com/

Hi,

	I may be mistaken, but when installing Phoebe to a brand-new 120G
drive, it seemed to me that when the screen "blanked" during the install
process, little disk activity was taking place until the screen was
active and painted again. I had asked the install to check for bad
blocks, and left it to run overnight. In the morning, it seemed to me
that very little progress had been made until I came back in the morning
and got out of the screen-blanking. Again, I could be mistaken on this.

Jeff