Re: ssh quit working

Channon,

Just in case you cannot restart the production server at will, here
maybe some hints :

1. do a "netstat -nalp | grep ':22'", see if some process is really
listening on port 22, and whether it is listening at IP address
"0.0.0.0" instead of just "127.0.0.1".

2. restart ssh by "service sshd restart"

3. do a "telnet <127.0.0.1> 22" and a "telnet <eth0 IP address> 22" and
see if the socket connection can be made. If the first telnet failed
while the second one can, and that sshd is listening from IP address
"0.0.0.0" (from step 1), it is obviously caused by your iptables rules.
I would do a "rmmod iptables" and retry.

4. you may also try to restart the LAN by "ifconfig eth0 down" then
"ifconfig eth0 up" and see if it makes any difference

Regards,
Raymond.

--
Raymond Fung <raymondf@xxxxxxx>