Re: bind RH8

William Burgos wrote:
I've done a lots of thing under linux... but is my first time setting up a
DNS... I just did that with a small server that is going to host 5 small
websites.....

Attach are my configuration files....

I have tried everything and my dns is not resolving.... what am I doing
wrong?  My dns name in network solutions is ns1.partechgenerators.com and is
pointing to my server ip.

Regards,

william Burgos BM IT Services, Inc. wburgos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CONFIGURATION FILES
===================
0.0.127.in-addr.arpa.zone
$TTL 86400
@	IN	SOA	localhost.	root.localhost (
			1 ; serial
			28800 ; refresh
			7200 ; retry
			604800 ; expire
			86400 ; ttk
			)

@ IN NS localhost.

1	IN	PTR	localhost.
You appear to be missing the $ORIGIN directive. A "standard" local host file might looke like this:

$TTL    86400
$ORIGIN localhost.
@      1D IN SOA       @ root (
                               42   ; serial (d. adams)