Re: Very weird : X not loading just for one user !!!

Cédric Chausson wrote:
Hello all,

I have a weird problem. I cannot start X anymore with my user on my RH 8.0 box.

I can get X started under root or under my wife's user but not mine.

I always start in console mode and type startx. When I do this under my user, X starts loading but stops with a black screen and the mouse pointer with an X form.

Tried rebooting several times but to no avail. I looked into the logs but have seen no real errr messages.

Any ideas where to look or what to do ?

Thanks in advance,

What are the contents of the .Xclients file and .Xclients-default file in your home directory? Check to see if they are different from other users.

Cheers--
Charles