Re: Maillog GONE!

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 07:27:09AM -0800, Corey Head wrote:
> Thanks Jesse and Doc--I will keep this in mind next time I need to flush
> this out.  I didn't realize I needed to restart the syslog service after
> doing this.  Everything is back to normal now.

I'm willing to bet that your mail records are still in your old renamed
file too.  Since the file was open at the time, new records probably got
written there after you renamed the file.

You may also want to consider changing the logrotate interval for your
logs.  On our big mail servers, we rotate and compress daily.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts@xxxxxxxxxx