Re: Problem with IPtables

"Tomas Larsson" <larssontomas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have some problems setting up iptables.
> Background: RH8 box as firewall and router.
> 		Second RH8 box as apache server
> I can reach the www-server from the internal network, but not from internet.

I suggest installing "gShield", and using it to configure
iptables.  It's essentially a shell script with a heavily
commented, easy-to-use configuration file. You fill in
the values (like, should HTTP be OPEN or FORWARD?), run
the script and it works.   I threw it in my
/etc/rc.d/rc.local to make it permanent.

I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to keep plugging away
at understanding how to do it yourself... I blew a week
or so trying to understand the current state of linux
network admin before I "copped out" and went to gShield.
I wish I'd done it sooner.