Re: [Fwd: ScanMail Message: To Sender Match eManager setting and take actio n.]

On Wed Mar 12 2003 at 00:07, "Rodolfo J. Paiz" wrote:

> What the...?

Yeah, this is bad.  One of your outgoing SMTP relays is using an
email content filter that is obviously doing this...

I would complain.  It is one thing to scan for and block/drop
viruses and spam (and "bad" attachments etc), but filtering content
with a "profanity" block in otherwise legitimate emails is
tantamount to unilateral censorship.  What right have they to do
that?

You could try to configure your mailer or local MTA to attempt to
deliver emails directly to their destination MX hosts rather than
use an outgoing smtp relay... that way you would avoid their
filtering.

But this won't work if they also have control over a firewall that
you are behind which has blocked your access to port 25 to anywhere
except their own relay servers.  In which case, I'd go looking for
another service provider.

> Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Cheers
Tony