[OT] StarOffice files not opening in Excel

Hi!

Off-topic, but I need the help and this is the group I trust the most.
By the way, cross-posted to the redhat-list.

I have recently updated all the patches on two Red Hat 8.0 boxen,
notebooks as a matter of fact. Both of them run StarOffice 6.0, and up
'til recently have been working like a charm.

However, my coworkers cannot open my StarOffice files now. Oops.

No matter what I do, when they try to open a file in Excel nothing
happens. This is making both me and Linux look REALLY BAD, and (dammit)
just when I had my boss pretty much convinced that moving us all to RH
and SO was a Good Thing (tm). Now she's not so sure.

Does anyone have any idea as to why this could be happening? I have only
just now thought of the fact that the updates could be part of the
problem, and am proceeding to RTFM now... however, if someone has some
Clue they could share I'd be ever so grateful.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>