RE: Starting KDE or GNOME

Ryan,
If I understand your setup correctly you should be able to just call the
executables for the tools you are trying to use in the terminal window
on your Win-2000 box. I am using X-win on a Windows XP machine to
connect to a RH8 box that has X11 forwarding setup and I can call the
application, i.e. "gedit", "nautilus", etc in the terminal window and
get the graphical interface. You don't need to invoke gnome or kde from
the terminal on your windows box to get the gui's of the
applications....hope this helps.