Palm

I have a new Palm Tungstun with a USB adaper. I have worked with the
'RedHat->Accessories->Pilot/Handspring Tool' under the pull down menu.
When making a new device, the choices are:
/dev/pilot
/dev/tty0
/dev/tty1
/dev/tty2
/dev/tty3
/dev/ttyqe
The bottom 5 are actually in the /dev directory. Pilot is not. I have used a
usb digital camera to copy files to the hard drive, so it think that usb
should work.
I'm using Redhat 8 with a Tyan S2466 motherboard. It had two built in usb
slots, but shipped with a four port usb card that I have installed (there may
have been problems with the onboard usb or it was just version 1, not sure).
I'm using the 4 port card now.
I have read a lot of info online about usb/linux and kpilot, but I was lost on
some of the info.
Sorry for the rambling post, but the question is-- should this work with my
setup, does anyone else have this working, should I buy a serial cradle, etc.
Thanks for any help.
Mark Workman
mworkman@hgcpc.com