RE: why there is no sound when I played CD

> In WinXP it plays CD without any problem. I have check the volume
> control and it is at the maximum. What should I do next? Thanks and
> Regards.

I had the same problem with psyche.  There's something wrong with the
default mixer.  It will kill all sound.

However, if I used kmix I could get it to work but if I used the gnome mixer
(the one on the sound menu called Volume Control) it killed the sound as
soon as it openned.  There is no way to turn the sound on again except to
start kmix and turn on the cd audio.

If you don't have kmix then try some other mixer other than the gnome
default one.

Gerry