Re: Recent Kernel problems

It all depends what rpm yuou have and what you desire. If itis a a src.kernel one might want to replace the old source with the new.  I have done both types of rpm instal both on source rpm and binary kernel upgrades and yet to have any problems. I have been doing this for over 3 years

 Jesse Keating <hosting@j2solutions.net> wrote:

On Sunday 09 March 2003 10:19, Justin Zygmont uttered:
> can you be certail that you installed the right kernel and installed it
> with rpm -Uvh kernel* it's always worked cleanly for me.

One should _never_ -Uvh a kernel rpm. -Uvh is upgrade, and it will remove the
old kernel. You should use -ivh to install a new kernel, leaving the old one
in place.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
http://geek.j2solutions.net