Re: how to activate the touch pad on my laptop

Tengjiao HU wrote:
The touch pad can never work so that I have to carry my mouse every time. Is
there any way to activate it? My laptop model is sony GRX520. I have tried
sonykey, but it cannot work for the Fn and touch pad. Thanks.
I don't know about Sony laptops, but with most laptops, the touchpad is a PS/2 port device, so you can address it through the /dev/psaux device.

I have both a touchpad and external USB mouse that both work at the same time in X. Here is the section of my XF86Config for the touchpad:

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Mouse0"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

Best Regards,
Keith
--
LPIC-2, MCSE, N+
Wake up, baby, cause I'm coming to you from the future -- D Wyndorf