Re: And Now Hate Mail?

Philip Wyett wrote:

Hi Mr Lowell,

Ok, this has gone far enough I'd say. While I too think sending you
personal unsolicited hate messages is moronic and should be dealt with,
I think I speak for many on the list when I say, you should take this up
with the list admins if you so wish and stop posting related messages or
these supposed hate messages here - It's futile and a waste of everyones
bandwidth.

With regards Mr Keating's comments. You took his 'RTFM' (expand your
preferred way i.e. Read The F*cking Manual or Read The Fine Manual)
totally the wrong way. His suggestion was quite valid and as many know
and understand alot of the learning of GNU Linux is putting the effort
in self teaching i.e. start reading the manuals (the RH docs are very
handy) then get your hands dirty. Mr Keating (Jesse) has been on the
list(s) as long as I can remember and been nothing but helpful 90+% of
the time and receptive to any new or old user alike with questions or
queries.

The Red Hat mailing lists like the Internet Relay Chat (IRC) channel are
a place for help, discussion and when things hot up a damn good
constructive argument. I would ask you to step back Mr Lowell and
re-read and reflect and possibly come back too us a little calmer and
take the information given in the good will it was offered by the
numerous list members.

Regards

Philip Wyett

Hi Phillip,

I would certainly have to agree, this has gone far enough. But if you're going to criticise one of the comments I've made here, have the fairness to expect a reply without complaining that I'm using up too much bandwidth. I'm afraid I don't share your rather benign assessment of the gravity of receiving hate mail here. "Moronic", you say? Really.
Yes, minimally the matter will be brought to the list manager's attention. I don't plan on trifling with something like this.

John Lowell