Re: Ext3 File System Check

On Sat, 2003-03-08 at 20:06, reg hughson wrote:
> At least this thread has proven to be somewhat entertaining. You (John)
> were wrong right from the beginning with your defensive attitude. Of all
> of the lists I subscribe to, I would bet you've offended the most people
> in the shortest period of time. Lighten up for God's sake.
----
not true...I've seen plenty of people with wildly colored jpg
backgrounds in html post for their first message. They manage to incur
flames out of the box. It took at least 2 posts for him to embarrass
himself and 3 posts to really piss people off. You are giving him far
too much credit.

Seriously, there are a lot of clueless people. Those that fumble through
configuration, those that don't know to type 'man fsck', those that
can't figure out how to unsubscribe from mail lists and it is going to
get worse as Linux catches hold with the masses. Let's learn some
patience because we are going to see more and more unskilled people not
admins. Let's point them to Eric Raymond's 'Smart Questions' for list
etiquette, to the bottom of each email for unsub instructions and to the
KY web site for assistance with object insertion in rectal areas when
indicated.

Craig