cron.daily running at 16:00 instead of 4:00(AM)?

Has anyone else seen this?  I and another person were working on a pair
of IBM ThinkPads on Friday--an R31 (his) and a T20 (mine), both of which
are running Psyche, with some updates.  His went disk-mad about 16:00
(while running nothing other than GNOME and some terminals) and I
noticed shortly afterwards that mine was hitting the disk a lot and I
checked 'top' and saw updatedb was running.  As you know, updatedb is
run out of cron with run-parts at 4:02AM (well, when its turn comes).

We're set for PST, which is GMT-8, so I'm sure it wasn't just a timezone
issue (otherwise it would have run at 20:00).  I see no updates to the
cron or crontabs packages, nor does Bugzilla turn up.  Has anyone else
seen this?

My laptop at least had been on for about an hour, so I don't think it
was running out of anacron either.

Wil
--
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley@nakedape.cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *