2.4.18-14BOOT and Adaptec AIC-7902 HostRaid

Hi,

With a RedHat 8.0 installation CD ROM, I have tried to make RedHat see an on-board Adaptec AIC-7902 HostRaid card sitting on a brand new Intel SE7501WV2 Xeon board.

This failed, so I downloaded a Driver Disk from Intel for RedHat8.0 (done a linux dd start at the prompt). From Alt+F2, I can see the 2.4.18-14BOOT kernel trying to insert the aic7xxx module from the driver disk as opposed to the one of the default installation, but init_module still fails to insert it successfully , complaining about potentially wrong module parameters.

I could see nothing about suggested module parameters in the Intel Web site. The board has passed all the BIOS/hardware tests, I have successfully completed a RAID 1 on two hot swap drives, so I know there is nothing wrong with the controller itself (at least it doesn't seem to be).

I really did not have time to search extensively through the Psyche list archives, so forgive me if you have seen this before, but I wonder what I am missing here.

Will a new floppy with a bespoke initrd help or something?

Regards,
George B. Magklaras

Computer Systems Engineer