Re: PROBLEM MOUNTING CDROM

Servie Platon wrote:

Hi,

I recompiled my RH 8.0 kernel, 2.4.18-14 to a monolithic 2.4.20 to enable NTFS read capability and other functionality on the new kernel.

The new kernel works fine though and can read ntfs partitions. However, I am having problems in mounting the cdrom drive and gets an error message like this:

mount :/dev/cdrom is not a valid block device

I checked on the /etc/fstab and there is an entry on the cdrom. My cdrom is a toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R2212 & CD Burner.

Prior to recompiliation of the kernel, where I can mount the cdrom with ease. Apparently the cdrom is a scsi cdrom, wherein the system gives me the message:

Attached scsi cd-rom sr0 at scsi 0, Channel 0, id 0, lun 0
sr0: scsi3-mmc drive: 24x/24 writer cd/rw xa/form2 ccda
HEllo,

Is you cd-rom a REAL SCSI cd-rom or is it an IDE one? (using scsi-emulation)

Also just try this:   mount /dev/sr0 /mnt/cdrom

rgrds,

         Bart