Firewall Configuration Issue

I just installed RH 8 and updated everything using up2date. I am new to Linux so please be patient with me if I use the wrong terminology or misunderstand.

I am attempting to host web services (HTTP, FTP) and therefore during setup chose the firewall to be set to Medium with HTTP and FTP services available. However, when I checked the settings after install they were set to High with no customization. I have attempted to change these settings several times and the configuration always reverts back to High with no customization.

Questions: What am I doing wrong? How do I change these settings so that they will maintain?

I appreciate any assistance offered.

Thank you.