Re: Unexpected IGMP network traffic

>> Does your client use a fixed or a dynamic IP? <<

Internet connection is Adelphia cable modem. Dynamic IP via DHCP - though the actual IP address hasn't changed in a year. Cable modem connects to the private network through a Linksys cable/DSL router that SHOULD be blocking all such unrequested traffic. (I'll recheck the router config.)

I have "nmap -sS -p 1-65535 -P0 w.x.y.z" running now from my office. It's going to take a while, but so far 7500 ports have gone unanswered.<g> I'll run a UDP scan when this one is finished.

I'm on the same cable provider. The same subnet in fact. My firewall is a single floppy two nic linux router project box. I get no such IGMP traffic here on the private net.

Unless the router config is messed up, I'd say the IGMP is originating in linux.

Thanks for you help. I hope to visit that machine today.

Cliff