Unexpected IGMP network traffic

I recently set up a RH 8.0 "home network" server. It's very much like several others that I've done before. Samba for a windows file and print servers. And, because this customer wanted to get a look at Linux, two VNC servers that are accessed by VNC viewers on the windows boxes.

The customer is happy. <g>

All of this is behind a linksys firewall/router. So, the linux box has no firewall. I did try to shut down all unneeded services.

But just for fun, I ran nmap and netwatch on the server. Nmap shows only the expected ports open.

However, netwatch shows a lot of IGMP packets. These are returned by what looks like multicast servers on the internet. I shut down the windows boxes, stopped the VNC servers, and stopped samba. But the IGMP chatter continues.

Seems like I've seen this traffic from windows. But, never from linux before.

Does anybody know what I might have running that's creating all the chatter?

Thanks,

Cliff Kent